Request Demo

Start your journey with Milano


    ASAP1 - 3 months4 - 6 monthsMore than 6 monthsNot sure

    Simple Email Marketing Tips
    to Build Your Customer Loyalty

    September 10th 2020   |   5 Minute Read 

    It’s been stated that email marketing is 40 times more effective than social media. But what’s also more insightful is that purchasing decisions via email is at least 3 times faster than any other medium. So if you’re one of the contenders who think email is dead, think again. Email marketing is an insanely powerful marketing tactic and can greatly be used to your business’s benefit to retain customer loyalty and push out promotions that will grab new audiences as well.

    So without further ado, here are 3 crucial tips we highly recommend to implement in your marketing efforts.

    Offer an Incentive

    People are constantly bombarded by email campaigns, so asking people to sign up for your “newsletter” can be a turn off on their part. No one wants to receive even more promotional emails. It’s best to offer some sort of incentive to get them to voluntarily subscribe to your email list.

    Some examples can include:

    • A promotion code
    • A coupon
    • An exclusive video tutorial
    • Unlocking a discount

    Giving people some sort of reward will highly encourage them to sign up willingly and it’s a great first impression to set especially on new potential customers. This will be a perfect gate-way in nurturing the relationship with them in order to push for a sale.

    Be a Resource

    Don’t fall in the trap of only emailing your clientele when you’re trying to push for a promotion or sale. This can end up to a high unsubscriber count. Instead, we recommend adopting the 80/20 rule where 80% of the time you’re sending email campaigns to your customers with material that adds value to their life in order to earn the right to sell for the remaining 20%.

    The goal is to become a resource to your clientele in order to become top of mind when they think about your industry. This is a sure way to become a go-to for the service that you’re offering.

    Some of the ways you can add value:

    • Have an active blog that addresses some of their struggles
    • Show a tutorial of something they can implement at home
    • Share photo inspirations from Pinterest boards


    The more helpful you become to your email list, the more customers will walk through your door. It’s also imperative to consistently send out emails, week in and week out. Choose one day a week at a specified time to create that loyalty effect. 

    Compelling Subject Line

    Subject lines are super important when it comes to open rates. An open rate is the number of clients on your list who ended up looking at your email. When your subject lines are compelling and intrigue interest, it will result in higher open rates – which should be your goal at the end of the day. A healthy open rate is typically in the 20% range (depending on which industry you’re in).

    Good subject lines often entail:

    • Eliciting a feeling or emotion
    • Has the “what’s in it for them” approach
    • The main takeaway of your email

    The most important thing to note is remember to have a little fun with your emails, and keep them as authentic as possible. Happy emailing!


    The right email marketing software makes a difference

    Choosing an advanced email marketing software is the first thing you need to pay attention to. Make sure the platform you select provides autoresponder and drip campaign features, this will save you tons of time. Generally automated email campaigns perform way better.

    Milano Software is known for its in-built marketing tools that also include a robust email marketing feature that allows you to send out targeted and automated email campaigns.

    The best part is you get a business management system with integrated marketing tools and every function is customizable according to your email marketing needs. 

    Grow your email marketing efforts with Milano.